Gingery broccoli-fry with cashews
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 320g head of broccoli, stalks and florets separated
- 40g cashews, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 15g ginger, finely sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 large carrot (160g), cut into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped, plus extra sliced, to serve
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 7g chopped coriander, plus extra to serve
- 2 eggs, beaten
- STEP 1
Blitz the broccoli stalks in a food processor until finely chopped. Add the florets and pulse again to achieve a rice-like texture.
- STEP 2
Lightly toast the cashews in a wok or frying pan, then tip onto a plate and set aside. Heat the oil in a pan over a high heat and add the ginger, onion, pepper, carrot, garlic and chilli. Stir-fry for 2-3 mins until starting to brown, then put a lid on and cook for another 2 mins.
- STEP 3
Add the broccoli and 3 tbsp water and stir-fry for 3 mins until all the veg is tender. Pour in the tamari, lime juice and zest and coriander, stir well, then pour in the eggs and stir-fry very briefly to just set. Serve with the cashews, extra coriander and extra sliced chilli scattered over, if you like.
Comments, questions and tips